Overview: Marketing Coordinator Job in Canada
As a Marketing Coordinator in Canada, you will play a pivotal role in supporting marketing initiatives and campaigns for businesses and organizations. You will assist in the implementation and coordination of marketing strategies, conduct market research, and help execute various marketing activities to promote products, services, or brands.
- Marketing Campaigns: Assist in the development and execution of marketing campaigns, including digital marketing, social media, email marketing, content creation, and advertising. Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure campaigns align with business objectives.
- Content Creation and Management: Help create and edit marketing content such as blog posts, social media posts, website copy, and promotional materials. Coordinate with internal teams or external agencies to ensure content is on-brand and engaging.
- Market Research: Conduct market research to identify consumer trends, competitor analysis, and target audience preferences. Gather data and insights to support marketing decision-making and help refine marketing strategies.
- Event Coordination: Assist in organizing and coordinating marketing events, trade shows, conferences, or promotional activities. This includes logistics planning, vendor coordination, and on-site event support.
- Digital Marketing Support: Support digital marketing efforts by managing social media accounts, scheduling posts, monitoring engagement, and analyzing campaign performance using tools like Google Analytics. Assist in search engine optimization (SEO) activities and website maintenance.
- Marketing Analytics: Analyze marketing data and metrics to assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns. Prepare reports and present findings to stakeholders, identifying areas for improvement and recommending strategic adjustments.
- Collateral Development: Contribute to the creation of marketing collateral, including brochures, presentations, sales materials, and product documentation. Ensure consistent branding and messaging across all marketing materials.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams, such as sales, design, and product development, to ensure marketing initiatives align with overall business goals. Maintain effective communication and foster positive working relationships.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Answer written and oral inquiries
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Plan development projects
- Perform administrative tasks
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale and retail consumers
- Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
- Conduct analytical marketing studies
- Design market research questionnaires
- Evaluate customer service and store environments
- Develop feasibility studies
- Develop marketing strategies
- Conduct online marketing, E-commerce and Website promotions
- Develop portfolio of marketing materials
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- MS Windows
- MS Office
- Marketing Knowledge: Solid understanding of marketing principles, techniques, and best practices. Familiarity with digital marketing channels, content marketing, social media platforms, and marketing automation tools.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey marketing messages and collaborate with team members and stakeholders. Attention to detail in proofreading and editing marketing content.
- Analytical Abilities: Proficiency in analyzing marketing data and interpreting metrics to drive insights and inform decision-making. Ability to use tools like Google Analytics or social media analytics platforms.
- Creativity: Ability to think creatively and contribute innovative ideas to marketing campaigns. Strong visual and design sense to assist in the creation of visually appealing marketing materials.
- Organization and Project Management: Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and prioritize tasks effectively. Attention to detail in coordinating marketing activities and ensuring timely execution.
- Tech Savviness: Proficiency in using digital marketing tools, content management systems (CMS), social media platforms, email marketing software, and Microsoft Office Suite. Basic knowledge of HTML and graphic design software is a plus.
The pay for Marketing Coordinators in Canada can vary based on factors such as experience, location, and the specific industry. The average hourly wage for a Marketing Coordinator ranges 33.85 $/hour. The monthly salary can be estimated by multiplying the hourly wage by the average number of hours worked per month, which can vary depending on the company and the specific job requirements. Therefore, the monthly salary for a Marketing Coordinator in Canada can range from CAD 3,200 to CAD 4,000 per month, depending on the specific wage and working hours.