As a Roofer Helper in Canada, you will play a vital role in assisting professional roofers in the installation, repair, and maintenance of roofs. Your work will involve providing support to the roofing team, handling materials and tools, and ensuring a safe and efficient work environment.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You want to be a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You want to have a valid Canadian work permit.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
- At heights
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades
- Assist heavy equipment operators
- Assist in aligning pipes during pipeline construction
- Assist in drilling and blasting rock on construction sites
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Clean up chemical spills and other contaminants
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Perform routine maintenance work
- Physical Stamina: Roofing projects can involve physically demanding tasks, such as lifting heavy materials, climbing ladders, and working at heights. Physical fitness and stamina are essential for this role.
- Teamwork and Communication: Work effectively as part of a roofing team, following instructions and communicating clearly. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are necessary to assist roofers and ensure smooth project execution.
- Safety Consciousness: Prioritize safety by following safety protocols and guidelines. Awareness of potential hazards and the ability to follow safety instructions are crucial for a roofer helper.
- Adaptability: Roofing projects can vary in nature, location, and conditions. The ability to adapt to different work environments and tasks is important for a roofer helper.
Salary: The pay for Roofer Helpers in Canada can vary based on factors such as location, experience, and the roofing company’s policies. The average hourly wage for a Roofer Helper ranges from CAD 15 to CAD 20 per hour. The monthly salary can be calculated by multiplying the hourly wage by the average number of hours worked per month, typically around 160 hours. Therefore, the monthly salary for a Roofer Helper in Canada can range from CAD 2,400 to CAD 3,200 per month, depending on the specific wage and working hours.