BFL CANADA is looking to employ a claims assistant, the company wad founded in 1987 by Barry F. Lorenzetti, is one of North America’s largest employee-owned and operated Risk Management, Insurance Brokerage, and Employee Benefits consulting services firms. The firm employs over 1000 professionals in 24 offices across the country. Because we believe in each of our employees, we give them free rein to demonstrate their creativity, leadership, and entrepreneurial abilities. BFL CANADA is a founding partner of Lockton Global LLP, an independent insurance broker partnership that provides Risk Management, Insurance, and Benefits Consulting services in over 140 countries worldwide.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB.
- A minimum of two years of industry-related experience is required.
- Excellent communication abilities
- Ability to work well independently, in groups, and with others across the organization.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Time management and organizational abilities are essential.
- Customer-centered and service-oriented
- Precision and attention to detail are required.
Read also: Work as an administrative Support in Canada
ROLE AS AN EMPLOYEE
- Set up new claims by locating the appropriate policy and preparing a Loss Notice, then opening the claim with the appropriate subscribers and reporting the claim within one (1) hour of receipt.
- As needed, run loss history experiences for producers and marketing.
- Communicate with the insured about the status of their claims.
- Communicate with adjusters and examiners about the status of claims and reserves.
- Update relevant information in EPIC correctly.
- Send cheques and draft letters to insureds.
- Maintain your filing system.
- Ascertain that all claims information is distributed to the appropriate parties.
- Sort new claims numerically and alphabetically.
- Prepare bordereaux every month as needed.
- As needed, prepare mail.
HOW TO APPLY
Once you possess the requirements for the job all you need to do is to create an indeed account.
Once you are done creating the indeed account, This indeed account will enable you to continue your application through the company’s direct site.
Click here to apply
The salary scheme for the job is not provided by the employer but it is between $29.9K–$37.8K a year as Indeed’s estimated salary for this role.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is claim assistance?
Claims assistance is a service provided by professionals who are in charge of mailing claim checks as well as filing and processing claims in the company’s system.
What is the role of a claims associate?
Insurance companies claims are managed by claims associates. Their responsibilities include determining insurance coverage for customers and evaluating those who have filed claims. They must also ensure that a claim is properly analyzed for the clients to receive their rightful financial settlement.
Is Claim associate a good job?
It is competitive and educational. You will face a lot of competition if you want to grow. A good place to begin and advance your career.
This is a very interesting job for anyone who resides in Canada, the job offers you the opportunity to make money as well as allows you to face a lot of competition. It is also a good place where you can start and be able to grow your career.